This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a talented and driven Senior Retail Planner/ Planning Controller to join top fashion house based in Scandinavia. The role would suit a candidate with an excellent analytical skillset looking for a new challenge within a fast paced international environment.
The ideal candidate will be very analytical and business minded with a good understanding of fashion industry dynamics. The role will analytically support the Buying Team through all product life cycle: pre-season analysis, assortment planning, trend analysis, sales prognosis, OTB planning, follow up seasonal performance and recommendations for upcoming season to maximize sales and stock opportunities.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for department level reporting and analysis to support and facilitate decision making for the buying team and other retail departments (including weekly, monthly, midseason, end of season and ad-hoc project related reporting)
- Drives development and improvement of analytical tools and processes for the department to support business expansion and growing complexity
- Provides complex analysis and reporting to continuously identifying global & regional assortment changes, product trends, sizes dynamics and delivers direction and recommendations
- Works closely with Retail Buying Manager to support with planning assortment strategies and range architecture
- Responsible for building optimized seasonal open-to-buy to deliver on department and company targets
- Recommends mid and long-term product/buying strategies and department priorities through in-depth analytics and critical thinking (seasonal and ad hoc)
- Monitors flow of fixed orders as well as reorders and results vs targets and builds actionable strategies around risks and opportunities identified in-season
- Tracks and evaluates the products´ life cycle with a focus on permanent/core offer
- Collaborates with other departments in product related projects
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related role, be highly skilled in Excel and possess strong mathematical & computation skills with a strong insight/experience into the luxury fashion industry. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Ed at le Pont Appointments.