A luxury-staple fashion house is looking for a talented, creative and experienced Junior Designer to join the growing design team. Responsible for the development process of all print and surface designs developed with the Creative Director and Design team. To assist the Design team with inspiration research and to continue to develop ideas independently.
- Work alongside the Collection team to design and create seasonal prints and surface creations using different mediums for the application on garments and other surface multi products.
- Plan and carry out development projects according to critical timelines and pre planned dates.
- Work closely with Product Developers to apply print/surface designs on relevant garments or product surfaces and to understand the costing implications.
- Understand the needs of the brand and customer to ensure design developments are commercial and profitable.
- Work with suppliers and the team by using effective, direct and clear communication to carry out design creation from initial concept, through to commercialisation of the product.
- Manage effectively any potential development issues that may be a problem in production and troubleshoot them.
The ideal candidate, for this excellent opportunity should have demonstrable experience in a similar role, ideally in luxury women’s fashion. A strong understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator is essential, plus awareness of trends in luxury womenswear. Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence are also key.
If you are interested in hearing more, please contact Eleanor at le Pont Appointments.